Wednesday, April 29, 2009

HANDSOME NEW SHOES FOR THE SUMMER

I've always been a shoe man. Not necessarily a sneaker man per se or a "sneaker head" or a collector in anyway for that matter (jackets might be a different matter). I buy shoes and I wear them and they get dirty and smelly and then they fall apart or get retired. If I don't wear them enough, I give them away (either to friends or goodwill) and buy more. With that said, I've seen some damn fine shoe specimens in the past few weeks and figured I'd share some of my favorites. I prefer the cleaner, simpler, sometimes sophisticated designs that have dominated even the sneaker market for this summer. Pictured here, the boat shoe has been redefined (again), the desert/chukka boot is constantly re-imagined, Asics re-released a winning runner (it's about time) and thankfully a few different vintage Nikes have been reissued in a cleaner, more casual vulc sole. (Sorry, the dunk and air max's are TIRED at this point, I don't care how many damn colorways they drop!)

Clockwise from top left: Vans Vault Canvas Pack, A.P.C. boat shoes, Clae Thompson, Double Identity chukka, Gravis Dylan Reider, Nike Air Toki, Rogues Gallery boat shoe, Puma/Yves Saint Laurent collab (we'll have to imagine this one with looser laces), N.D.C. Hand Made Boots, Nike Auto Flight, Asics Gel Lyte III















































No comments: